Statement of Intent:
This policy sets out how Hypnowellness uses and protects the information you provide when using my services and accessing this website.
I intend to ensure any data you provide is kept secure, managed respectfully and only used for the purposes for which it has been provided.
This policy will be updated periodically in line with current legislation and was last updated on June 20th 2018
When you contact me via the contact form on my website, or by phone or by email I will collect your:
Along with any information you choose to supply regarding the purpose of your enquiry.
How is this information used?
I use this information in order to make contact with you to discuss your requirements.
I may also use this information so that I may improve my services.
If you choose to proceed with making an appointment to see me:
You will be sent an Intake Form on which I will ask you to tick a box if you wish to receive promotional/ further information about services I may offer in the future or about wellbeing in general. If you do not tick this box I will not contact you for these purposes.
The Intake Form will also ask you for your GP contact details and some basic health information: there are some conditions that are contra indicated for hypnotherapy and sometimes there are circumstances where it may be necessary to contact your GP before commencing therapy. I will inform you of this at our appointment should this appear appropriate.
I will ask you for details of your next of kin: this is used very rarely and only in emergency situations
You do not have to consent to the collection of information; however, if you choose not to provide it, I may not be able to work with you.
Your email address may also be used for the purposes of sending you a recording to listen to as part of the therapy along with other materials pertinent to you treatment. It may also be necessary to send emails to confirm or rearrange appointments. We may share your information with third party suppliers who are processing your data on our behalf under contract (such as our payment service providers and review collection service).
In the course of our sessions:
I will make a note of information you provide me in order that we can plan bespoke therapy sessions and identify/produce scripts which will be used in session and/or which can be sent to you to listen to between sessions.
For the purposes of clarity, I do not receive or retain your bank details.
Under the General Data Protection Regulations which are effective from May 2018 you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed (which is why we have produced this policy) the right of access: if you wish to see your file then please make a request in writing to the Data Processor: Hypnowellness, The City Therapy Centre, Suite 6, Workstation, 42 Watling Street, Radlett, Herts. WD7 7NN. I will provide you with the information within 30 days of your request.
- The right to rectification: this is your right to request changes to any information I hold that is factually inaccurate. If you believe any of the information I hold on you is incorrect then please let me know as soon as possible and I will make the relevant changes.
- The right to erasure: given the nature of our work I am required to hold your details for a period of 8 years, after this your information will be securely destroyed.
- The right to restrict processing: I will only use the information for the purposes that I have stated above. I uphold the common law principles of confidentiality where the duty to keep confidence is measured against the concept of ‘greater good’. If in my opinion as a therapist there is good reason to believe not to disclose would cause danger or serious harm to self, the therapist or others, then your GP or other appropriate agencies may be contacted. Only information required to ensure safety of relevant parties would be disclosed. Information may have to be disclosed without consent for the prevention, detection or prosecution of a crime. The sharing of anonymous case histories with supervisors and peer support groups is not a breach of professional confidentiality. I will not share your information without your specific consent, other than in the situations described here.
- The right to object: I will not contact you for marketing purposes unless you have given me specific consent to do so.
- The right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling: I will not use your information for profiling purposes.
Links to other websites:
ICO Registration No: Z1509572